Some days we get lazy and just mash some avocado and call it guacamole
Other days we get crazy and start tossing stuff in it, like bacon fat! Why not! (It’s pastured bacon of course) This recipe for paleo guacamole with bacon fat is delicious and healthy to boot.
What you will need:
- 12-15 small avocados
- 1/8 cup bacon fat
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- dash of cayenne pepper (where to buy cayenne pepper)
- Cut avocados into small chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mince garlic and add.
- Chop tomato and onion finely and add.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Heat bacon fat in a small pan until liquid and add.
- Add 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Mash mixture and mix well.
- Enjoy! We love to dip sliced jicama in it!
Do you use any crazy ingredients in your paleo guacamole?
This post is featured in Food Renegade’s Fight Back Friday
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- The Grain-Free Snacker (stop eating terrible snacks!) - October 18, 2014
- Super Easy Pumpkin Pudding Recipe (with gelatin!) - October 17, 2014
- Register for the Wellness Family Summit: FREE Online October 13-20th - October 14, 2014