Some days we get lazy and just mash some avocado and call it guacamole 🙂
Other days we get crazy and start tossing stuff in it, like bacon fat! Why not! (It’s pastured bacon of course) This recipe for paleo guacamole with bacon fat is delicious and healthy to boot.
What you will need:
- 12-15 small avocados
- 1/8 cup bacon fat (the BEST bacon ever)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- dash of cayenne pepper (where to buy cayenne pepper)
- Cut avocados into small chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mince garlic and add.
- Chop tomato and onion finely and add.
- Add juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Heat bacon fat in a small pan until liquid and add.
- Add 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Mash mixture and mix well.
- Enjoy! We love to dip sliced jicama in it!
Do you use any crazy ingredients in your paleo guacamole?
This post is featured in Food Renegade’s Fight Back Friday
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Kiwi Melon Ice Pops Recipe [Paleo, AIP] - June 28, 2016
- How Food Poisoning May Cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome - June 14, 2016
- Is Your IBS Really Misdiagnosed SIBO? - June 2, 2016