This homemade tomato sauce gets its creaminess from coconut milk. It is completely dairy free, sugar free, and paleo to boot!
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy grass fed ghee or make your own)
- 1 white onion
- Cream from 3 cans of coconut milk (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt (where to buy quality sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Put ghee in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add rosemary and chopped onion.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, coconut milk cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir ingredients until they soften.
- Remove from heat and pour into blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan and reduce until desired thickness.
We served over zuchini noodles which we made by simply using this gadget and cooking the zucchini noodles lightly in a saucepan.
How would you use this tomato sauce?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Why Fecal Transplant is the New Frontier in IBS Treatment - November 30, 2016
- The Little-Known IBS Treatment which Actually Works - November 9, 2016
- Brown Butter Spice Cake Recipe [GAPS] - November 3, 2016