As some of you know the hubby, Eric, is from Seattle. One of the things he gets pouty about is not being able to order fish and chips when we’re out and about because really, they’re usually a hot mess of gluten, and soybean, peanut or canola oil.
So he set out to recreate a paleo version of fish and chips that is of course gluten and grain free! And it’s simply delicious.
Paleo Fish and Chips
What you will need:
- 1 lb wild caught cod (where to buy wild caught cod)
- 2 cups of palm shortening or coconut oil for frying (save and reuse for another day)
- 1 cup of almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 2 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (buy coconut milk here or make your own)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
Directions for fish:
- Combine almond flour, eggs, sea salt and coconut milk in a food processor or blender.
- Mix well.
- Cut cod into thin strips.
- Heat coconut oil on the stove.
- Batter the cod and fry until golden brown.
Crispy sweet potato chips: (see instructions here)
What comfort foods do you miss since cleaning up your diet?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Kiwi Melon Ice Pops Recipe [Paleo, AIP] - June 28, 2016
- How Food Poisoning May Cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome - June 14, 2016
- Is Your IBS Really Misdiagnosed SIBO? - June 2, 2016