This paleo sweet potato mash is a super easy, hearty fall side dish that goes well with any type of meat. It’s simple enough for a weeknight (especially if you like to roast a tray of sweet potatoes ahead of time on the weekend like I do) and rich enough to serve at your holiday table! If you have some bone broth laying around adding a splash of it to your sweet potato mash will kick up the nutrient density as well. I love to sneak it into everything I can.
Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
What you will need:
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 Tbsp. Ghee (where to buy ghee) or make your own ghee
- optional: a splash of bone broth (where to buy bone broth or make your own)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Bake sweet potatoes at 375 degrees or until soft when pierced with a fork or butter knife
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes and mash in pan on medium heat.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Mix well and serve warm!
If you like this recipe, then you will probably also love these paleo sweet potato recipes:
What is your favorite fall paleo side dish?