This paleo sweet potato mash is a super easy, hearty fall side dish that goes well with any type of meat. It’s simple enough for a weeknight (especially if you like to roast a tray of sweet potatoes ahead of time on the weekend like I do) and rich enough to serve at your holiday table! If you have some bone broth laying around adding a splash of it to your sweet potato mash will kick up the nutrient density as well. I love to sneak it into everything I can.
Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
What you will need:
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 Tbsp. Ghee (where to buy ghee) or make your own ghee
- optional: a splash of bone broth (where to buy bone broth or make your own)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Bake sweet potatoes at 375 degrees or until soft when pierced with a fork or butter knife
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes and mash in pan on medium heat.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Mix well and serve warm!
If you like this recipe, then you will probably also love these paleo sweet potato recipes:
What is your favorite fall paleo side dish?
Want even more recipes which include gelatin-rich bone broth? Check out my new eBook The Gelatin Secret. You will get dozens of recipes, instructions for making bone broth at home, and loads of information about how gelatin nourishes each part of your body.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Best from Hollywood Homestead in 2014 - December 16, 2014
- Tasty Apple Tartlets Recipe from Essential Paleo Cookbook - December 15, 2014
- Paleo Banana Snack Balls from Real Life Paleo - December 6, 2014