What you will need:
Step by Step:
- Boil ½ gallon of water.
- Place the loose hibiscus tea in the tea strainer in the glass bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the tea.
- Let it steep and cool down for about 20 minutes until it is warm *** This is key: You need the tea to be warm enough to dissolve the honey but not hot enough to kill the awesome probiotic qualities of the raw honey***
- Remove the tea strainer and pour the honey into the tea, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into the pitcher and place in the fridge or add ice and enjoy!
- Optional: add a bit of rum for the adults
I bet this tea would also work really well to make these gummies as well!
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 8): Herbal Antibiotics for SIBO - March 22, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 7): Antibiotics for SIBO - March 15, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 6): Hydrogen vs. Methane SIBO - March 9, 2015