What you will need:
Step by Step:
- Boil ½ gallon of water.
- Place the loose hibiscus tea in the tea strainer in the glass bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the tea.
- Let it steep and cool down for about 20 minutes until it is warm *** This is key: You need the tea to be warm enough to dissolve the honey but not hot enough to kill the awesome probiotic qualities of the raw honey***
- Remove the tea strainer and pour the honey into the tea, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into the pitcher and place in the fridge or add ice and enjoy!
- Optional: add a bit of rum for the adults
I bet this tea would also work really well to make these gummies as well!
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Fish and Chips Batter (gluten and dairy free) - June 13, 2014
- My interview on the Know your Food Podcast- Part 2 - June 13, 2014
- Dulce de Batata - June 11, 2014