The Paleo lifestyle is more than just about food.
Mark Sisson in his latest book, The Primal Connection, talks extensively about the importance of play and “being a little selfish”.
I took this to mean:
1) A relaxing bath EVERY single night after a long day of work and parenting. I like to add a cup of Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Epsom salts are a great, inexpensive way to absorb magnesium since its tougher to absorb by ingesting magnesium supplements.
2) I’m a multi-tasker so I also take this time to oil cleanse my face with coconut oil. I first learned about the oil cleansing method from this site but Liz Wolfe breaks it down even better in her latest work, The Skintervention Guide which I highly recommend.
3) Add a cup of chamomile tea and you’ve got yourself a hell of a spa retreat, as long as you don’t lay back on toddler toys like I do. If you really want to get fancy you can play your favorite meditative music on your ipod.
My wind down routine used to include a glass of wine but alcohol is not helpful if you have a severe case of leaky gut like I do so I limit that to an occasional treat for now.
Once in a blue moon we like to watch a movie in the evening. I know this usually hipes me up. To mitigate the effects and not jack up my circadian rhythm you’ll find me rocking this sexy look:
Since quality sleep is so important to our health I’ve been giving myself a curfew by setting an alarm on my phone to hop in the bath so I don’t lose myself in the rabbit hole that can be the internet until 2am.
4) Once in bed, I like to play some meditation music on the iPod that shuts itself off once the album finishes.
What’s your routine? How do you unwind after a long day? Leave a comment below with your tips!
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What Is Mastic Gum and How to Use It - February 1, 2017
- 5 Probiotics for SIBO which Actually Work - January 25, 2017
- How to Use Oil of Oregano for Bacterial Infections - January 18, 2017