Ok so I said chicken liver and sauce in the same sentence but hear me out… As we know organ meats from pastured animals are one of the most nutrient dense foods we can consume but let’s face it, if you didn’t grow up eating them, chances are you won’t be thrilled at the taste.
Sneaking organ meats into your recipes is an easy way to include them into your repertoire. After I managed to get away with sneaking liver into these burgers I figured I’d see what else I can get away with! Even my picky teenager and picky husband don’t notice the liver in this recipe at all!
What you will need:
- Food processor (I love this food processor)
- 1 cup chicken liver (where to buy quality chicken liver)
- 2 pounds ground beef (where to buy grass fed ground beef)
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy ghee) or (make your own homemade ghee)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (where to buy pepper)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- Warm up ghee on medium on the stove.
- Add the ground beef and turn heat to high.
- Add 1 cup chicken livers (liquified in the food processor).
- Heat until fully cooked.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and allow to simmer until proper consistency.
What’s your favorite way to sneak organ meats into your meals?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What Is Mastic Gum and How to Use It - February 1, 2017
- 5 Probiotics for SIBO which Actually Work - January 25, 2017
- How to Use Oil of Oregano for Bacterial Infections - January 18, 2017