Since my daughter’s scoliosis surgery earlier this year we’ve been trying to incorporate more turmeric into our foods to help aid her recovery. Turmeric is native to south Asia. It is a plant in the ginger family and a great anti-inflammatory. (Note: It does stain clothing if very concentrated)
Sauces are a great way to add a little turmeric to your food! This creamy turmeric sauce recipe has become a staple in our house. It gets its creaminess from coconut milk, so it is completely paleo and great for reducing inflammation.
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan (12″ works well).
- Add all the spices.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer to thicken the sauce for 15-30 minutes – the longer it simmers, the stronger the flavor and the thicker the sauce.
The kids LOVE this sauce. They want it slathered on their burgers, vegetables and like to use it as dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Do you use turmeric? How?
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 4): Diagnosing SIBO - February 21, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 3): Causes of SIBO - February 15, 2015
- Paleo Lemon Ginger Chicken Tajine Recipe – Plus Cookbook Giveaway - February 10, 2015