What you will need for this super easy paleo crockpot chicken:
- a slow cooker/crockpot (this is the one we have)
- 2 pastured chickens (where to buy pastured chicken)
- 1 small bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp salt (where to buy salt)
- 1 tsp pepper (where to buy pepper)
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed ghee (where to buy grass-fed ghee)
- De-spine the chickens if they won’t fit in the crockpot together – this also helps them cook faster.
- Chop onion and garlic and add to the crockpot.
- Drip the ghee over the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Cover and let cook on medium for 6-8 hours or until 170 degrees.
- Serve with our Mashed Cauliflower for a yummy comfort meal.
What is your favorite thing to cook in the Crockpot?
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 10): Diet for SIBO - April 20, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 9): Elemental Diet - March 27, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 8): Herbal Antibiotics for SIBO - March 22, 2015