Ok, so apparently I’m a delicate flower because every single amazing-smelling deodorant has been giving me a rash so of course I asked Eric to experiment with ingredients to find a deodorant recipe that doesn’t! A little less baking soda and a few other things and voila! No rashes… Love that man!
Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin (makes 2 sticks)
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (where to buy quality coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 1/4 cup beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 8 drops essential oil of choice (lavendar is my favorite!)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (where to buy baking soda)
- 2 large old deodorant containers (where to buy deodorant containers)
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter in a glass bowl over a pot of water so it is warmed gently by the steam.
- Mix until it liquifies.
- Add your essential oil and baking soda and mix well.
- Remove the glass bowl and pour contents into the empty deodorant containers.
- Place in freezer until they harden.
- Now they are ready for use!
What deodorant do you use? Ever tried making your own deodorant?
Looking for more recipes to ditch the chemicals in your beauty products? Check out Mommypotamus’s book with over 50 DIY beauty recipes. You can find it here.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What Is Grass-Fed Gelatin? - March 22, 2017
- The H Pylori Diet that Will Cure Your Heartburn Once and for All - March 8, 2017
- 11 H Pylori Foods to Eat (And 5 to Avoid) - March 6, 2017