Ice cream is one of the things we don’t eat very often because it’s hard to find good coconut milk ice cream at the store without eating “carrageenan”. Problem solved! We bought an ice cream maker so we can do it ourselves…
What you will need:
- An ice cream maker (we bought this model)
- 2 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1 T.vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 2 cans of Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk (13.5 oz each)
- 1/2 cup of organic grade “B” maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of enjoy life chocolate chips
- Mix the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup in a bowl or blender (I used a mixer) for approximately 2 minutes or until blended well.
- Pour the contents into your ice cream maker and turn on for 20 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and let run for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off and empty contents into an airtight container and place back in the freezer for approximately 3 hours.
- Take out and enjoy!
Interested in how to transition your family to paleo? Read my eBook Paleo Made Easy. It contains practical advice for busy families, shopping tips, answers to pretty much every paleo lifestyle question, and 45+ delicious paleo recipes. Learn more here.
Here are some other great flavors of paleo ice cream:
What is your favorite flavor of homemade ice cream?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What Is Mastic Gum and How to Use It - February 1, 2017
- 5 Probiotics for SIBO which Actually Work - January 25, 2017
- How to Use Oil of Oregano for Bacterial Infections - January 18, 2017