What you will need for this easy homemade mayonnaise:
- Food processor or a whisk and some stamina
- 1/2 cup olive oil (where to buy olive oil)
- 1/2 cup bacon fat, preferably pastured (where to buy the best bacon)
- 2 large egg yolks (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (where to buy ACV)
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free mustard (where to buy organic gluten-free mustard)
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more later to taste if needed) (where to buy sea salt)
- Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt in a food processor or bowl.
- Mix until blended and bright yellow.
- Use the drip function on the food processor to slowly add the olive oil while the processor is mixing or add 1/4 tsp. at a time while whisking by hand.
- Slowly add the bacon fat (you may have to warm it in order to pour it in) in the same way as the olive oil.
- Mix until you get the consistency you want – it will not be as solidified as store-bought mayo, but it will be spreadable once it spends some time in the fridge.