What you will need for this easy homemade mayonnaise:
- Food processor or a whisk and some stamina
- 1/2 cup olive oil (where to buy olive oil)
- 1/2 cup bacon fat, preferably pastured (where to buy the best bacon)
- 2 large egg yolks (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (where to buy ACV)
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free mustard (where to buy organic gluten-free mustard)
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more later to taste if needed) (where to buy sea salt)
- Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt in a food processor or bowl.
- Mix until blended and bright yellow.
- Use the drip function on the food processor to slowly add the olive oil while the processor is mixing or add 1/4 tsp. at a time while whisking by hand.
- Slowly add the bacon fat (you may have to warm it in order to pour it in) in the same way as the olive oil.
- Mix until you get the consistency you want – it will not be as solidified as store-bought mayo, but it will be spreadable once it spends some time in the fridge.
Want to transition to paleo? Read my eBook Paleo Made Easy. It contains practical advice for busy families, shopping tips, answers to pretty much every paleo lifestyle question, and 45+ family-friendly paleo recipes. Get it here.
What would you use baconnaise for?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How Food Poisoning May Cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome - June 14, 2016
- Is Your IBS Really Misdiagnosed SIBO? - June 2, 2016
- What Everybody Should Know about Gut Flora Dysbiosis - May 27, 2016