What you will need for this easy homemade mayonnaise:
- Food processor or a whisk and some stamina
- 1/2 cup olive oil (where to buy olive oil)
- 1/2 cup bacon fat, preferably pastured (where to buy the best bacon)
- 2 large egg yolks (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (where to buy ACV)
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free mustard (where to buy organic gluten-free mustard)
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more later to taste if needed) (where to buy sea salt)
- Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt in a food processor or bowl.
- Mix until blended and bright yellow.
- Use the drip function on the food processor to slowly add the olive oil while the processor is mixing or add 1/4 tsp. at a time while whisking by hand.
- Slowly add the bacon fat (you may have to warm it in order to pour it in) in the same way as the olive oil.
- Mix until you get the consistency you want – it will not be as solidified as store-bought mayo, but it will be spreadable once it spends some time in the fridge.
What would you use baconnaise for?
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 4): Diagnosing SIBO - February 21, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 3): Causes of SIBO - February 15, 2015
- Paleo Lemon Ginger Chicken Tajine Recipe – Plus Cookbook Giveaway - February 10, 2015