Every once in a blue moon a few drops of water fall from the sky in Southern California. I’m told this is called rain. It’s been a while. I have hot chocolate about as often as it rains here… not very often. I used to get those instant packets of hot chocolate from the store. You know, with the little marshmallows and stuff? Have you ever turned one of those suckers over and read the ingredients? Wowza! The good news is you can make a much healthier version at home with very few ingredients.
Here is a delicious recipe for dairy free, refined sugar free paleo hot chocolate.
Rainy Day Paleo Hot Chocolate (Dairy Free)
What you will need:
- 2 cans (13.5 oz) of full fat coconut milk (where to buy full fat coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (where to buy dairy free chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- Combine coconut milk and chocolate chips in a pot and heat on medium high while constantly stirring.
- Bring to a boil and add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Continue stirring until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite rainy day traditions? Any favorite paleo hot chocolate recipes?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 10): Diet for SIBO - April 20, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 9): Elemental Diet - March 27, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 8): Herbal Antibiotics for SIBO - March 22, 2015