[Note from Sylvie: This is a guest post from Shaye over at The Elliott Homestead. Her recipes are insanely delicious and she’s such a pro on video I just had to share her with you!]
Hello fellow foodies! So glad to meet you… even if it is digitally. I’m always humbled by the community that exists around a common love for good food. Which is obviously why you’re reading Sylvie’s blog in the first place! It’s a beautiful place to hang out and be inspired. I’m humbled she’s invited me to share in a bit of that love.
In the spirit of celebrating our farm and all the goodies it gives us, I wanted to share with you my Oven Fried Zucchini with Garlic Aioli video. Fresh zucchini is a homestead staple, and we’ve turned this wonderfully crisp, hearty vegetable into a savory, healthy alternative to french fries.
Oven Fried Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 zucchinis cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup organic flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Few leaves fresh basil (or herb of choice)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Oven Fried Zucchini
- Drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil. Place in a 450-degree oven to heat.
- In a bowl combine ground almonds and Parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the eggs. In a third bowl, place the flour. Working with a few zucchini pieces at a time, add them to the flour to coat – shake off any excess. Dunk into eggs then dredge in the almond and Parmesan mixture. Place the zucchini slices onto the hot baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once golden, remove from the oven and transfer to a plate. Serve with garlic aioli.
- Garlic Aioli
- Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and basil in a blender. Turn to high to emulsify. While blending, slowly drizzle in olive oil. When mixture is thick and smooth, transfer to dish and serve with zucchini.
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a former celebrity assistant in Hollywood turned full time entrepreneur currently living in Ashland, Oregon with her husband and 3 kids. She writes about treating and preventing health conditions with real food and natural remedies, as well as anything else she feels like writing about because she's a rebel like that. 😉 She also mentors entrepreneurs on her other site, SylvieMcCracken.com