We are lucky enough to have a huge orange tree in our back yard, so we are always looking for new ways to take advantage of the oranges we have.
We’re also always looking for ways to get grass fed gelatin in our diets, when its too warm to be chugging bone broth. With our oldest recovering from scoliosis this is especially important. Its like eating bones! It doesn’t get more paleo than that.
Grass fed gelatin is a great source of collagen, you know the stuff people inject in their lips and foreheads? Its edible botox! 🙂
- 1/3 cup of juiced oranges, or other fruit juice
- 3 Tbsp Grass Fed Gelatin
- 2-3 Tbsp Raw Honey (I find that 2 is plenty but some might like it sweeter)
1- Heat it up enough to dissolve it, stirring constantly (but don’t boil it because you’ll kill the awesome probiotic qualities in the raw honey).
2- Pour into these awesome silicone molds.
3- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. I wish I could tell you how long they last but the truth is in my house things last about 30 seconds. Unless I hide things.
If you liked this recipe, then check out my other recipes for gelatin treats:
Want even more health-building recipes which use gelatin? Check out my new eBook The Gelatin Secret. You will get dozens of recipes, instructions for making bone broth at home, and loads of information about how gelatin nourishes each part of your body.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- How to Use Oil of Oregano for Bacterial Infections - January 18, 2017
- What Is IBS (and How to Cure It Naturally) - January 16, 2017
- Why Rifaximin is Not the Solution for SIBO or IBS - January 11, 2017