Just cause you’re paleo doesn’t mean you can’t have some awesome Paleo Sausage Stuffing at Thanksgiving! Or anytime really! Whatever you do, don’t buy those nasty boxed stuffing thingys… This recipe is not only delicious but with bacon fat, grass fed ghee and fresh ingredients it is also very nutrient dense.
Paleo Sausage Stuffing
What you will need:
- 2 pounds of italian sausage
- 2 medium green apples peeled and chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 6 stalks of celery chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy grass fed ghee) or make your own
- 1/4 tsp paprika (where to buy paprika)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (where to pepper)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- Blend the sausage in a food processor.
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Chop onion and celery.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Mix periodically to make sure it is evenly cooked.
- Then set oven to broil for 5 minutes or so until top is a golden brown
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite holidays and holiday meals?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Treating SIBO (Part 10): Diet for SIBO - April 20, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 9): Elemental Diet - March 27, 2015
- Treating SIBO (Part 8): Herbal Antibiotics for SIBO - March 22, 2015