This recipe for paleo taco salad one of our family’s favorites!
What you will need:
- 2 pounds of grass fed ground beef (where to buy grass fed ground beef)
- 1 large head of lettuce
- Chimichurri -optional (see recipe here)
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- Apple cider vinegar and olive oil mix (for the lettuce)
- 2 apples, or a fruit of your choice
- salt (where to buy quality salt)
- pepper (where to buy pepper)
- 1 lb. cooked pastured bacon ends and pieces for bacon bits (where to buy the best bacon)
The great thing about this paleo taco salad recipe is that most of it can be prepared ahead of time. I wash and chop the tomatoes, fruit and lettuce earlier in the day and keep them in the fridge. The chimichurri and bacon bits keep great in the fridge as well. That leaves cutting up some avocado and cooking the ground beef. The quantities above are really a starting point but often times if becomes “what’s in the fridge” salad and when our apricot tree was going crazy you’d have seen those in here too.
- Fry the ground beef and flavor with salt and pepper.
- Mix the salad with the vinegar, oil, salt and a little pepper.
- Sprinkle some chopped apples on top.
- Add the chopped tomato and avocado.
- Add some chimichurri.
- Add some ground beef.
- Add some bacon bits.
Want to make it even easier? Forget all the spices I mention above and just make a batch of Food Renegade’s Homemade Taco Seasoning to keep on hand. Talk about easy!
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- The Best Probiotic for IBS? 4 Probiotics Scientifically Proven to Work - October 20, 2016
- What is Low FODMAP and How Does It Help IBS? - October 12, 2016
- The 4 Most Common IBS Treatment Methods - October 4, 2016