How on earth did I end up making Peppermint Lip Balm?! I’ve been on a DIY kick lately, can you tell? This one was spurred by the fact that my 4 year old was watching me put some lip balm on the other day. Of course, she wanted some and only then was it that I double checked this particular used-to-be crunchy brand for ingredients. Needless to say there were some unpronounceable ones so although a few doses of it won’t kill you, I don’t think using it every day would be a great idea either.
This recipe may look daunting but it’s actually pretty easy! And a stick will last you a good while so it’s not like you’ll be making it every week anyway.
I love peppermint lip balm but of course you could substitute whatever essential oil you’d like if you have a different preference.
Now this is a lip balm I’m happy to have my 4 year old apply every day.
Peppermint Lip Balm
What you will need:
- 1 Tbsp. beeswax (where to buy beeswax)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (where to buy extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp. shea butter (where to buy shea butter)
- 1 Tbsp. beef tallow (how to make beef tallow or where to buy beef tallow)
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil (where to buy peppermint essential oil)
- empty lip balm tube (where to buy)
- Heat and mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into an appropriate container.
- Let cool.
Looking for more recipes to ditch the chemicals in your beauty products? Check out Mommypotamus’s book with over 50 DIY beauty recipes. You can find it here.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- The Best Probiotic for IBS? 4 Probiotics Scientifically Proven to Work - October 20, 2016
- What is Low FODMAP and How Does It Help IBS? - October 12, 2016
- The 4 Most Common IBS Treatment Methods - October 4, 2016