When we have a long day outside the house, our slow cooker becomes a lifesaver!
What you will need:
- Crock pot (this is the one we use)
- 4-5 lb pork shoulder roast, preferably pastured
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (where to buy Grade B quality maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp. all-spice (where to buy all-spice)
- 1 Tbsp. salt (where to buy quality sea salt)
- 1 cup pureed tomato (where to buy pureed tomato)
- Cream from the top of one can (13.5 oz) of coconut milk (where to buy BPA free organic coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth, preferably homemade
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and mix well (except for the roast).
- Set crockpot to “low”.
- Use a skillet to sear the roast on all sides on medium high heat.
- Place the roast in the crockpot for 6-8 hours.
- After 6 hours or so shred the pork with a fork (it should shred easily) and mix with the sauce that has formed in the crockpot.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite crockpot dishes?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Rest assured, I will never recommend a product I don't wholeheartedly endorse.
Share and Enjoy
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.