Ok so I realize the pumpkin craze may be over for a lot of you but in my house it’s a year round thing. Of course I try to stick to seasonal and local foods as much as possible but sometimes you just have to have some organic canned pumpkin around for when you need a hearty delicious paleo pumpkin purée side dish to go with the delicious pulled pork you’ve been smelling all day from your crockpot.
This recipe is super quick to make and easy to make a double batch to freeze for an easy reheat on an even busier night! Batch cooking is one of my biggest tips to avoiding the take-out crutch.
Serve it on a busy weeknight or make it your main side dish at your next Thanksgiving dinner or holiday party. It’s that good.
Paleo Pumpkin Purée
What you will need:
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin (make your own or buy it here)
- 6 Tbsp. ghee (where to buy ghee) or make your own
- 1/4 cup bone broth (where to buy bone broth or make your own)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- dash of pepper, cinnamon (where to buy pepper and cinnamon)
- Mix all ingredients on medium heat.
- Mash and let simmer until proper consistency.
- Enjoy! This would make a great side dish to this fabulous crockpot pulled pork!
Want even more recipes which include gelatin-rich bone broth? Check out my new eBook The Gelatin Secret. You will get dozens of recipes, instructions for making bone broth at home, and loads of information about how gelatin nourishes each part of your body.
What is your favorite easy quick side dish?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What Is Mastic Gum and How to Use It - February 1, 2017
- 5 Probiotics for SIBO which Actually Work - January 25, 2017
- How to Use Oil of Oregano for Bacterial Infections - January 18, 2017