Ok, you caught me. I have this weird thing with carrots. I love raw carrots and could eat them without any dip, no problem. But cooked carrots? I have no idea why but unless they’re drenched in the juices of the crockpot chicken or hidden in a stew or soup I just don’t care for them. Don’t tell the hubs I admitted this. I’ll never live it down.
Luckily, with this recipe my secret is safe! Who know that adding a simple healthy fat and just a couple simple spices you likely have in your cabinet would turn carrots into a decadent side dish! It’s so simple it almost feels like cheating.
Roasted Carrots with Ghee and Cinnamon
- 2 large bunches of carrots
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy grassfed ghee or make your own)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp. all spice (where to buy all spice)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- dash of pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Wash and cut carrots into 1 inch sections.
- Lay flat in a baking dish.
- Pour the ghee over the carrots.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with your hands until carrots are fully coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
What is your favorite quick and easy side dish?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Why Fecal Transplant is the New Frontier in IBS Treatment - November 30, 2016
- The Little-Known IBS Treatment which Actually Works - November 9, 2016
- Brown Butter Spice Cake Recipe [GAPS] - November 3, 2016