Is it just me that has been on a salad kick lately? Maybe it’s because it’s 80+ degrees in SoCal despite it being January?!
I love this salad because it’s sweet, tart, crunchy and filling. I’ve been taking salads to work almost daily! (If you don’t believe me, come join me on Instagram!)
It’s so easy to make 5 salads for the week in large mason jars and just grab one in the morning on my way out the door. Plus, after all the paleo chocolate cupakes I ate last month, my body could use a steady supply of clean eats right now!
Cucumber Avocado Salad with Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (where to buy dried cranberries)
- 1 large avocado (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 cup EVOO (where to buy extra virgin olive oil)
- splash of raw apple cider vinegar (where to buy raw apple cider vinegar)
- Put the honey in a pan on medium heat until it melts.
- Add the shelled and halved walnuts and mix until the honey coats them completely.
- Increase the heat and mix until it becomes a dark golden brown color.
- Remove from stove and place on parchment paper to cool.
- Break apart and sprinkle on salad with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite salad ingredients?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Kiwi Melon Ice Pops Recipe [Paleo, AIP] - June 28, 2016
- How Food Poisoning May Cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome - June 14, 2016
- Is Your IBS Really Misdiagnosed SIBO? - June 2, 2016