Did you know that sweet potato fries at restaurants are often floured? For those of us that try so hard to remain 100% gluten free that can be a big disappointment! Of course there’s also the issue of rancid seed oils they’re usually fried in as well. The reason they’re floured is because that’s the only way to get them crispy. If you want to replicate the crispy fries you love but fry them in healthy delicious saturated fat and keep them 100% gluten free, this is the paleo sweet potato fries recipe for you!
Yup, these are just as delicious as they look
What you will need for these paleo sweet potato fries:
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 cups of palm or coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- 2 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (where to buy arrowroot powder)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (where to buy pepper)
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on high heat.
- Mix together egg, arrowroot powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat a small batch of sweet potato strips in the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Use tongs to move the fries around a bit to prevent sticking.
- When golden orange remove from the oil and place on a paper towel.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Season, serve and enjoy!
- You can re-use the frying oil as many as 12 times, so save it for next time!
If you like this recipe, then you will probably also like these paleo sweet potato recipes:
What is your favorite way to enjoy paleo sweet potatoes?
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- We’ve moved to Abu Dhabi! - September 16, 2014
- Fish and Chips Batter (gluten and dairy free) - June 13, 2014
- My interview on the Know your Food Podcast- Part 2 - June 13, 2014