If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
How many times has this happened: You come home later than expected after a grueling day at work with kids hanging off each of your limbs begging to be fed, and just ended up saying, “To hell with it! Let’s order pizza.”
Guilty as charged! Ordering pizza (or defrosting a microwave dinner, or whatever your go-to quick meal is) might be an easy way to solve the immediate problem of a hungry family, but it is NOT going to help them in the long run. Nor is it going to help your waistline or budget. If you want to keep your family healthy and happy, you’ve got to plan meals.
I know that you’ve heard meal planning a million times, and it makes sense. Meal planning saves you time, saves you money by reducing food waste, and keeps your health on track. But, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say:
I HATE MEAL PLANNING!
Now, I’m not a paleo perfectionist – I do the best I can. But, if I wasn’t giving my family healthy, nutrient-dense meals 80% of the time, I wouldn’t feel so great about the other 20%. The body can handle an occasional gluten-free treat but it is much easier to handle when it is nourished with foods like bone broth and organ meats, and the ferments are flowing.
When I first went paleo, it used to take me forever to gather the recipes I wanted to make, then make the shopping list, go shopping, inevitably forget 5 ingredients because my list was a hot mess, and back to ground beef and lettuce it was for dinner.
Now, I spend about 30 minutes in the kitchen per night, and shopping is a breeze. What is my secret? Well, experience certainly has something to do with it. But I also signed up for the Holistic Squid Meal planning Service about a year ago and it rocked my world. For about $1.40 per week, I was able to save myself 2 hours of work. Saying that it was worth it is an understatement! Is your time worth more than 70 cents per hour? I know it is!
Keep reading to find out how you can win a 1 year subscription to this brand new meal planning tool! A $72 value!!!
Up until a few months ago, I thought it couldn’t get any better. Holistic Squid was like having a personal assistant. All I had to do was shop and cook according to the plan. My meals were delicious and nutrient-dense while still being varied and simple to prepare.
Now, Emily and her husband Antony (who are behind the Holistic Squid) have taken meal planning to a whole new level. After many months of work (I witnessed some of the blood, sweat, and tears amid squeals of excitement each time I visited them), they’ve launched a brand new interactive meal planning tool.
If you haven’t already seen it, you’ve got to check it out here. They have 3 options: paleo, traditional real food, and vegetarian.
Here are some of the highlights of the Holistic Squid Paleo meal plan:
- Customizable based on family size
- 4 weeks of recipes emailed to you in advance
- iPhone shopping app
- Average kitchen time of 30 minutes per night
- Includes dynamic shopping list for the week
- All ingredients easy to find
- Recipes easy to make
- Each recipe includes active time and total time to make
- Day-by-day instructions, like when to marinate and any prep for next meal
- 30 day money-back guarantee
Now, meal planning services like this might not be the best solution for everyone. Some people enjoy spending hours online, combing blogs for delicious paleo recipes. I love it too! But, again, I can’t reiterate how valuable the Holistic Squid meal planning service has been to me. It saves me loads of time (which means more time with the family) and saves me the stress of coming up with ideas about what to cook. Here are some examples of tasty recipes you get as part of the paleo meal planning service:
- Red Pepper Soup with Herb Infused Olive Oil
- White Fish Tacos with lime mayo
- Rosemary grilled chicken with Broc-Cauli Fritters
- Butternut squash soup
- Roast chicken with cauliflower mash with gravy
You can sign up for the Holistic Squid Meal Planning Service HERE. Just select your plan and put in your preferences. Voila! You will have super-easy meal plans, shopping lists, and recipes for the entire month. Trust me, it is well worth it for all the time and hassle you will save.
Want to win a full year’s subscription to Holistic Squid – a $72 value!!! Sign up for the raffle! Just fill out the rafflecopter below.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- The Best Probiotic for IBS? 4 Probiotics Scientifically Proven to Work - October 20, 2016
- What is Low FODMAP and How Does It Help IBS? - October 12, 2016
- The 4 Most Common IBS Treatment Methods - October 4, 2016