Just because you’re paleo doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some sweet potato pie! This recipe is not only a healthier version of sweet potato pie but it’s actually very nutrient dense with healthy fats (from ghee and coconut milk) and eggs and gelatin!
This crust is neither sweet nor salty so you could easily use it to make a savory pie as well!
Paleo Sweet Potato Pie
What you will need (pie filling):
- 2 1/4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (where to buy maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup ghee (where to buy grass-fed ghee)
- Cream from one can of coconut milk (where to buy coconut milk)
- 2 eggs and 3 egg whites (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- 2 tsp. gelatin (where to buy gelatin)
What you will need (pie crust):
- 2 cups almond flour (sifted) (where to buy almond flour)
- 2 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1/8 cup ghee (make your own ghee with this recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pie filling ingredients in a large bowl – mix well!
- In a separate bowl mix the crust ingredients (hands work the best) until it looks like dough.
- Grease a pie pan and place the dough in the middle, slowly spreading the dough out with the palm of your hand until it covers the entire pan.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
If you have leftover sweet potatoes, then try one of these paleo sweet potato recipes:
What are your favorite holiday desserts?
This post is a part of the following blog carnival: Holistic Squid’s Party Wave Wednesday.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- What You Need to Know about Allicin before Taking a Supplement - April 23, 2017
- Gelatin Showdown: The Top Brands of Gelatin Compared - April 19, 2017
- 5 Proven Ways Gelatin Helps Weight Loss - April 12, 2017