What you will need:
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs (where to buy organic, soy-free eggs)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 4 Tbsp. ghee (where to buy grass-fed ghee) (or make your own)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. ghee (where to buy grass-fed ghee) (or make your own)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- 1 tsp vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- Mix the sweet potatoes, eggs, salt, ghee and vanilla in a baking dish.
- Put the apples, pecans, ghee, cinnamon and vanilla in a food processor or blender.
- Stop when it looks like dough.
- Flatten and spread over the top of the sweet potato filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
If you like this recipe, check out these paleo sweet potato recipes:
What is your favorite sweet potato recipe?
The following two tabs change content below.
Sylvie McCracken is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks.
Latest posts by Sylvie McCracken (see all)
- Does Bad Diet Cause Scoliosis? - July 26, 2015
- Nutrition and Scoliosis - July 20, 2015
- 6 Natural Sleep Aids (Hint: They Aren’t Melatonin!) - July 13, 2015